International Charities, Non-Profits and NGOs Leveraging Drupal for Social Change
Civic Actions' Aaron Pava talking at Drupalcon Denver last week, showing real world examples of charities and non-profit organisations using their Drupal sites. This is much more about strategy and possibilities than it is about web development so communication professionals should get a lot from watching.
Some great examples of internationalisation, gamification of fundraising, specific calls to action, CRM integrated donation monitoring, organising local groups, mmulti site instalations and an international Intranet.
Charity and non-profit websites discussed
- (10m) Mercy Corps ~ Gamefication of fundraising
- (14m) 350.org ~ Events to promote action
- (19m) Amnesty International ~ Internationalisation, Civi CRM integration, Alfresco integration, Mobile friendly
- (23m) Human Rights Watch ~ Internationalisation
- (24m) Oxfam International ~ Internationalisation, Global Intranet, personalisation of 'Desktop'
- (28m) Greenpeace UK ~ Groups for action
- (35m) International Rescue Committee ~ 'Buying' 'Gifts'
- (38m) ActionAid ~ Multiple sites on one Drupal instal, use of Groups
See Also: Andy's post on 'Charity websites developed with Drupal'